Monday, August 3, 2015

Tuesday 7/29/15 - Track workout (6 x 1K)

Headed over to the track behind Reggie Lewis after work for practice with GBTC. 4 mile warm up with the team at 7 minute pace then over to the track for the workout. As outdoor track season is now officially over for the club, there are only two training groups: the cross country group and the fall marathon group. With fewer sub-groups, I'll have more people to train with which I'm pretty excited about. That wasn't quite the case today though. A bunch of people were taking a light week or two after the end of the track season, so we only had about 5 people running the 6 x 1000m workout with 400m jogging rest. Splits below.

3:03, 3:02, 3:04, 3:05, 3:05, 3:05

Overall, I feel kind of "meh" about this workout. I was coming off a race that I was really happy with, and while this workout wasn't bad, it wasn't spectacular either. Just bland in comparison. I was running alone during the first 4 intervals, and I slowly started to fall off my goal pace of 3:02-3:03. When you put them all together, it doesn't even equal sub 15 for 5K, so nothing to get excited about. I suppose I probably should have gone for 8 x 1K at 3:05 - 3:06.

One thing that I will take some solace in is the fact that I was able to hold 3:05 pace for the last two splits. I was feeling gassed after the 4th interval, but I was able to hold it together. Having teammates to run with really helped me there. A few of the guys stepped up there splits from 3:10 to 3:05 for the last two which put some pressure on me to run 3:05. Without them right behind me, I probably would have fallen off the pace.

Mile cool down on the track with a few of the guys before running back to the North End for 14 miles on the day.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.
    running

    ReplyDelete