Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Wednesday 7/26/15

Really tough run today. I was working from home, and I had to get out for my run at lunch time due to my schedule. As a result, it was in the high 80's when I went for my run, the sun was beating down, and the humidity was a silent killer. As soon as I stepped outside, I knew it was going to be a tough run. I kept things steady at a normal training pace for the first 2 miles before backing off once I started to worry about my ability to finish the run. From mile 4 on, the pace got progressively slower, and there wasn't much I could do about it. By the end, I was really just happy to finish the run. I even had to cut the run half a mile short as I took the quick way home once leaving the Charles. On the upside, things never really fell apart. I kind of just slowly faded down to 7 min pace. Trying not to put too much stock into the run today. This was definitely the result of the heat/ humidity and 2 hard efforts over 3 days. 72:35 for 11 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment