Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Monday 7/7

My workout for today was 2 rounds on the indoor bike. I've been favoring the indoor bike rather than my road bike because the former puts less pressure on my heel. The only downside of the indoor bike is the saddle. It has more of a seat than a road bike saddle, and the seat isn't terribly comfortable. It presses against the top of my hamstrings which get sore after a while. To avoid this, I usually break up long workouts on the indoor bike into 2 sessions. Today's first session was 22 miles in an hour right after work. Since I don't typically use my indoor bike for my primary workout, this was actually one of the hardest efforts I've put in on this piece of equipment. It was the fastest I've made it to the 20 mile mark and the farthest I've made it in 1 hour. The second session was about two hours after the first. Another solid effort but not quite as far. 13 miles in 36 minutes. 35 miles overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment