Friday, July 11, 2014

Thursday 7/10

Got out on the road bike today. I needed some new brake pads for my bike as mine had worn out, so I stopped by Urban AdvenTours in the North End to pick some up on my way home. Threw them on my bike while watching the Tour de France and was out the door for my ride by 6pm. Unfortunately, I still needed to make some adjustments to the brakes, but I didn't bring the right tool to fix them. By the end of my BC loop, I basically didn't have brakes, but thankfully, I didn't need to stop short at all. The weather was great: mid 80s, sunny, and very little wind. I felt like I put in a solid effort today and split 1:17 for 25 miles. When I got home, I decided to make it an even 30 miles by adding on 5 miles on my indoor bike in 14 minutes. I would have just added on with my road bike, but not having brakes in the city is pretty risky. I'm not quite skilled enough to ride Premium Rush style. 30 miles in 1:31.

No comments:

Post a Comment