Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Tuesday 7/1

Got home from work and decided not to start my workout right away. The USA vs Belgium game was on which I obviously didn't want to miss. It was also a very hot day (high 80s), and I wanted to give it a chance to cool down. After the soccer game ended, I still wasn't in the mood to head outside yet, so I hopped on my indoor bike. Still not running to give myself a chance to recover. I did 10 miles in 33 minutes while watching The Office. I'm rewatching the seires on Netflix, and I have to admit that I forgot how good it was. After half an hour on the indoor bike, I realized that I was sweating just as much as I would be outside, so I hopped on the road bike and headed out. Decided to do the BC loop which heads along the Charles for the first 10 miles, turns away from the river to the hills of Newton, runs through BC, over to Brookline, and back towards the North End via downtown. Ended up being 25 miles in 83 minutes which is a fairly good time for me on this loop. 35 miles biked total in 1:56.

Overall, not a bad day even though all I really want to do is run. Unfortunately, my heel hasn't shown much improvement. At least I was able to get in a solid effort on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment