Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Monday 4/6/15

I was planning today as an off day since I don't want to push things right now, but I felt really good when I got home from work. Running today would also help my schedule which would be tight later in the week. So, I decided to run on 3 consecutive days for the first time since last June 2014. Going into the run, I wanted to keep the pace as even as I could and started off at a pace that felt extremely slow. I always have trouble throttling back on the first mile regardless of my fitness level. I went through miles 1 and 2 in 6:29 and 6:28 respectively. Around that time, I halfheartedly committed to a progression run. I figured that I'd bring the pace down to 6:20 and try to keep it even. I went through 3 and 4 in 6:25 and 6:18 then fully committed to the progression run. I had to put in some effort, but I finished up the 7 mile progression in 6:16, 6:12, 6:06. After that, I backed off and ran the last mile at a relaxed pace. Trying to go sub 6 at the end of a run right now would basically require that I go to the well. I also didn't want to deal with pushing the pace as I ran passed North Station. 50:59 total.

My legs felt great during and after. I had a minor annoyance in my heel afterward, but that was to be expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment