Thursday, April 2, 2015

Wednesday 4/1/15

I got outside for another 8 miles today on the same out and back as yesterday in very similar conditions. It was 46 degrees with a chilly wind coming off the Charles. I was glad that I went out in full tights, but when the wind was at my back, my gloved hands overheated a bit. My heel wasn't an issue at all during the run, and it has felt surprisingly good since. Perhaps I've finally gotten out of my own head about it after snapping and running a race last week. More likely, I am finally starting to reap the benefits of taking better care of my injury. Either way, I'm pleased.

The remainder of my body didn't fair as well on today's run. Running on back to back days outside rather than on the comfort of a treadmill was a shock to my system. After mile 5, things started to tighten up. Specifically, my lower legs and hamstrings while my quads remained fine. I have experienced this in the past after coming off extended treadmill training, so I wasn't overly concerned. I did back off the pace from 6:20s to 6:40s though. I finished up in 51:41 for about 6:30 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment