Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sunday 4/19/15

I had been hoping to get in my first track workout of the year today, but things didn't pan out. After the hike, my heel was really sore from being on my feet for so long. Thankfully, it had loosened back up by Sunday afternoon, but I didn't want to push the issue. I decided to just roll with a standard base builder hoping that maybe I'll be able to get in some pick ups later this week.

I was able to get out for a good run though. The weather was decent at 50 degrees with about a 10-15 mph wind. I felt great for the whole run, but I ended up running the first half a bit faster than I came home.  I tried to keep the pace even, and while the effort may have been, the splits weren't. The difference between a tailwind and a headwind along the Charles can make a pretty big difference. I went out averaging a bit over 6 flat and came home at about 6:20. Overall, 9 miles in 55:31.

Starting to feel a bit more comfortable out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment