Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday 6/13

Stuck in the same position. My hamstring is tight but not getting worse. It’s on the borderline of being able and not being able to race. It seems like I would be able to put in a decent effort, but I’m starting to question if I’ll be able to really push it. If I race, I also run risk putting myself out of commission, and I can’t determine which race is more important: Market Square Day or the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge (only 10 days away). Missing Market Square Day would mean I can’t defend my title for the race or the Seacoast Road Race Series as a whole. Not to mention the fact that Market Square Day is a great race, and my training suggests I’m ready for a 10K PR. On the other hand, I’ve wanted to run the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge for 2 years. I’m the person who set up the team for my company which I am now captaining, and if I don’t race, we won’t be eligible to score as a team. So, not running JP really isn’t an option, but I know if I don’t try to race MSD, I’ll regret it.
I’m kind of hoping things just work out at this point haha. I’m in between a rock and hard place, and the only way out is with a little luck. My general sense is that I’ll be disappointed with the outcome at MSD tomorrow and then forced to run JP slow because I strained my hamstring. I know…. pretty negative. There is one last glimmer of hope somewhere in the back of my mind though. One of the best parts about going back to my parents’ house to race in NH is their hot tub. That thing can work wonders on tight muscles. I’m holding out that combined with only a 6 mile run today is enough to loosen things up.
Not much to report on the running front. Easy 6 miles at 6:00 pace. My hamstring seems to loosen up after about a mile and half, but the pace has been incredibly easy for the last 4 days. I don’t know what will happen when I try to drop a 5 flat mile. 6 miles in 36:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment