Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tuesday 6/3

Just an all-around "meh" kind of day. Tried to go to bed early on Monday night, but ended up just lying in bed trying to fall asleep. Woke up for my run today with my legs feeling sore and tired. Decided to hold off for a lunch run since I had plans for after work. Things got hectic at work and leaving for lunch at all was out of the question. So, I had to postpone my plans until Wednesday to make time for a run.

The run itself was fine. Weather was great at 70 and Sunny. I still wasn't feeling back to 100% from the workout on Sunday and didn't push the pace. I tried to focus on running even splits which didn't really work out as I let off the pace a bit too much in mile 7, but I did manage to keep 8 and 9 (normally my slower miles) in line with the earlier miles. 10.4 miles in 58:24

My legs felt really tight a few hours after the run, so I went for a walk along the water in the North End to try and loosen things up. In retrospect, I probably should have held back more on the run today. Since the race this Saturday will be my first race of the year and will likely be my best chance for a fast 5k this summer, the paces I run during my training runs in the week leading up to it don't need to be anything special.

Bed early to try to get off to a better start on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment