Thursday, June 5, 2014

Wednesday 6/4

Another rocky start to the day. I was able to fall asleep earlier on Tuesday, but I was still sore when I woke up today. I could hear the rain outside, and a weather check told me, it was likely to continue for the morning and let up in the afternoon. So, I decided to hold off on the run until after work. By this point in the week, I am starting to get pretty nervous about the upcoming race and the state of my legs. I'm worried that I may have done one track workout too many in preparation for the race this weekend since I am still sore. It may have been better to just roll a tempo last weekend. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. All I can do is try to give my legs the best chance to recover. That was the major factor in not running when I got up. Had it been sunny this morning, I probably would have gone out for my run, but running in heavy rain always seems to take the snap out of my legs for a day or two. The last thing I need right now is to compound the issue. Looking at the weather report, I may not have much of an option for Thursday and Friday though.

Still a bit sore after work when I ran, so I slowed the pace down to 6:0X for today. Trying to get ready for the race this Saturday. 10 mi out and back along the Charles in 61:02.

No comments:

Post a Comment