Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday 6/2 - Plus some pics

I figured today was going to be a fairly rough run. I put in a quality effort during the workout yesterday, and today was the first day that temps hit 80 while I was running. Therefore, I was expecting a slogging run, but I was actually pleasantly surprised. My legs were tired, but not as sore as I was anticipating. I got out for a decent walk around the Boston Common at lunch which loosened things up. The first 5 or 6 miles of my run felt great. I held a normal training pace with what seemed like less effort than I've been putting in recently. During miles 7, 8 and 9, I could feel the effects of the heat as the sun beat down with no cloud cover, and I slowed down slightly. I stayed below 6:00 minute pace though while keeping myself relaxed, and I was able to pull things together in the last mile when I go back into the shade. Overall, nice easy run as I recover from the workout yesterday. I did feel a little tight afterward, and I'm planning on a morning run tomorrow. So, we'll see how fast I am really recovering then. 58:57 for the standard 10.4 mile loop around the Charles.

So, the majority of my runs are on the walking/running/biking paths along the Charles River in Boston, but I haven't had any pictures of that area to post up until now. When I went for my bike ride yesterday, I brought my camera along and took a few pics to give you a sense of what it looks like around there if you aren't familiar with it.

  Sailboats and crew teams are very common along my route. This is near the Esplanade. 

 Just an example of what the paths look like.

Most sections have a center line which people tend to ignore unfortunately.

 BU Boathouse

Ha'va'd Boathouse

No comments:

Post a Comment