Thursday, June 12, 2014

Wednesday 6/11

My leg was pretty sore when I got home from work. I did a bunch of stretching exercises and felt like it was probably slightly worse off than it had been on Tuesday. So, I decided not to run. My resolve not to run held for about 2 hours while I watched TV and ate dinner. Around 7:30, the urge to run started to take over again. I did more exercises and thought "What harm can it do to jump on treadmill for a half mile and see how things feel? At least then I will have a definitive answer for the night and can move on to something else." Well, I would find out the harm it could do was to convince me running might not be such a bad idea. I had really been of two minds about it. On the one hand, I wanted to make sure I stay fit, and on the other, I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to make things worse. After the half mile on the treadmill, I felt pretty good though and couldn't resist running. I went out for an easy 10 mile out and back along the Charles at 6:0X pace. I got an upset stomach over the last 4 miles due to eating quite a bit at dinner, but other than that, I felt okay. Still not 100% but maintaining I suppose. My ideal situation would be to get in an easy run on both Thursday and Friday which would give me a decent set up for Market Square Day on Saturday, but everything is up in the air. It all depends on how my leg responds and recovers over the next 2 days. 10 miles in 61:22.

No comments:

Post a Comment