Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sunday 6/8

Still unable to run. I finally felt like I would be able to ride my road bike without making the issue worse though. Got out for a 20 mile out and back along the Charles. Since the paths aren't dedicated bike paths, Miles 2-4 and 17-19 can be really stop and go which slows the overall speed down but also makes it a good workout. I wanted to see how things felt, so I really pushed the pace on the way out. I tried to keep the average above 20 mph and push it into the mid 20s whenever there was an open stretch. I would also get out of the saddle to get back up to speed quickly every time I had to slow down to go around other people. Made it to the turn around point in good time, and it didn't seem like biking was causing any issues with my sore leg. By that point, I had pretty much burnt myself out with all of the accelerations, so I let off the pace a little on the way back averaging 17-18 mph. It's important to note that my road bike is from the 1970s and can be a bit clunky, but I'll get into that more at another time. Overall, it felt good just to get in the exercise. My legs felt about as sore after the ride if not slightly improved from before.

No comments:

Post a Comment