Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tuesday 6/10

Still not 100%, but I thought today was the day to get out there and test how running felt. I was still sore, but I was hoping that I was at the point that I could safely run without causing more damage. I did a 10 mile out and back along the Charles, and my leg held up reasonably well. I had slathered on the icy hot and taken a few anti-inflammatories, but I was still surprised how well my hamstring loosened up. My only issue was some minor tightness in my hip. I kept the pace easy at about 5:55, and I was able to finish up the run still feeling good. The real test would come afterward though. I thought I would be able to handle a run without any real problems, but I was worried how I would feel the next day. Immediately after the run, I felt really good. Much better than I had in about a week. My hamstring felt close to 100%, and my hip was only slightly sore. We'll see how things feel tomorrow though. 10 miles in 58:52.

No comments:

Post a Comment