Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wednesday 6/25

My legs felt pretty good for the day after a race. The USATF New England Open Championships for Outdoor Track and Field are coming up this Sunday 6/29, and I had been on the fence about whether or not it would be a good idea to try to defend my title at 5000 meters. After running fairly well at the JPM CC and having my legs feel like they are recovering quickly, I just can't turn down a chance to defend my title. I'm actually really excited about one of the match ups, but I'll get into that more as the race gets closer.

Since I'll be running another race after only four and a half days, this week will probably end up being low key as far as running goes. I want to keep the miles up, but I'm planning on continuing the trend of running slightly slower than normal training pace. Today was a standard 11 mile out and back along the Charles at right around 6:00 pace. The weather was a very nice but just a bit on the  hot side at 85 degrees and sunny. With the sun beating down in the middle of the run, the pace wasn't terribly easy. However, once I got back into the shade during the later miles, the pace felt more relaxed. I was really surprised how well my legs seemed to recover. I could barely feel the race at all. Hopefully that continues over the next few days. 11 miles in 65:32.

As I was browsing the running gear in my weekly sweep of the shops need Downtown Crossing, I came across a pair of New Balance RC1400s for only $40 and had to pick them up. I needed a new pair of road racing flats anyway since my Lunar Racer 1s have seen a few too many races. Pumped that I found such a good deal. Can't wait to try them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment