Monday, July 6, 2015

Friday 7/3/15

Alie and I drove down to Cape Cod for the 4th of July this morning. Our friend Derek's family has a house on the ocean in Chatham, and he invited us down for the weekend (shout out to the Missert Family for letting us stay in your beautiful home this weekend). We left at 7:30 AM and didn't get there until 11:00 AM. What would usually be an hour and 45 minute trip turns into 3 and half hours around the 4th of July as everyone floods to the cape. We got there in plenty of time to enjoy the day though.

It was difficult to put on my running shoes and get out for my run when Alie headed to the beach to meet everyone, but I forced myself to get on with it. I had heard there were some good bike paths that travel along the entire length of the cape, and I decided to check them out. The house we were staying at was only about 2 miles from an entrance to the path, so I was able to get in a decent amount of my run on the path itself which was awesome. The weather was beautiful today at a sunny 75 degrees, and there were quite a few bikers out of the path. Traffic wasn't an issue though since there are very few walkers on these paths unlike the Charles River paths. It also gave me a chance to run some hills.



There weren't any major hills, but there were constant rollers which was a great change of pace from the Charles. I did slow down a bit as the run went on into the last two miles when the heat and hills started to get to me, but I'm not too worried about it. I decided to forgo the tempo run this weekend because I felt like I was pushing a bit too hard, and today was meant to be just a normal run if not a bit on the easier side. Overall, it was a great run. 12 miles in 74:08.

No comments:

Post a Comment