Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Monday 7/6/15

Easier 11 mile loop around the Charles. With a workout planned for tomorrow and some tightness I've been feeling in my right hamstring, I didn't want to push the pace today. Early on, I resigned myself to a slower effort and actually ran with a small water bottle which I almost never do. It seemed humid, and with the the sun out and temps in the mid 70s, I figured it might feel a bit hot. Heat was never really an issue though. There was a slightly cooling breeze, and some cloud cover came in which meant the sun wasn't beating down. That was good because the water bottle turned out to be a waste of time. It was particularly cold to start with, and it warmed up almost immediately which meant it wasn't refreshing at all. So, all it really did was throw off my arm swing and increase the effort. In the future, I'll probably only use it for 85+, and I'll make sure it is actually cold next time around.

The run itself wasn't too bad. Not great though. I felt heavy over the last 5 miles and probably couldn't have increased the effort if I wanted to. Thankfully, it was supposed to be an easy day. 11.75 miles in 74:00.

Point of Interest: I came across Puma filming their new running commercial today. They put out an open casting call to Boston runners last week, and everyone was talking about it although no one knew which company it was for at the time. They were offering $1000 a day for 2 days of filming, and it hinted that you'd be able to keep the kit. The problem was that they were filming on a Monday and Tuesday when most people had already taken a day off on Friday. I probably would have applied if it hadn't been for that fact. They were filming in Charleston in Paul Revere Park by the foot bridge which would have been extremely convenient for me if I had done it, but as I didn't, it was simply an annoyance since I had to wait for them to take a break from filming before I could cross the foot bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment