Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Tuesday 6/30/15 - (800,400,400) x4 track workout

After work, I took the T over to the Madison Park track behind the Reggie Lewis Center for practice with the GBTC. Everyone met in the parking lot, and we chatted for a bit before heading out for a 3.5 mi warm up at 6:45 pace which included a quick pit stop at the Reggie Lewis Center. It's really nice having the RLC right there so you can use the bathroom and what not before the workout. Once we got back to the track, Adam Pacheck and I then did a few drills and got right into the 10K workout which was (800m,400m,400m) x4 with 200m jogging rest in between. Splits below.

2:26, 72, 71, 2:25, 71, 71, 2:23, 70, 70, 2:23, 70, 62

The workout went really well, and I felt great through out. I was also able to pull my weight this week as I alternated the pacing duty with Adam. The goal was to hit 2:26 for the first couple 800s and 71-72 for the first couple 400s then bring the pace down slightly over the second half of the workout if we were feeling good. We hit the splits perfectly, and I didn't have any trouble maintaining the effort. When we came up to the last 400, we were debating whether or not to run another set, but instead, we decided to just put the hammer down on the final 400. We had already done over 5 miles of solid effort on the track, and I felt like a hard 400 would be a fitting end. Taking into account the short rest, I'm really happy with this workout. 

After the workout, we joined a few other members of the team for a 1.75 mile cool down on the track before I made my way back to my apartment. I was still feeling good, so I decided to jog back to the North End again. I took a much more direct route this time though and saved myself a mile or two. While running down Tremont isn't as fun as running through the Fens to Fenway and Comm Ave, I was glad to get home a bit quicker. 14.25 miles on the day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment