Friday, July 10, 2015

Thursday 7/9/15 - 17 x 30 second Pick Ups

I feel like I recovered from the track workout quickly this week, and with the good running weather, I decided to add a few 30 second pick ups into my run. I got out for my run at 6:30 pm, and it was a comfortable 68 degrees and cloudy. The humidity and heat finally broke, and today felt like a fall afternoon in comparison to the past few days. I felt relaxed at 6:10 pace through the first 6 miles before switching to 30 seconds on / 30 seconds off for the next 3 miles. The plan was 15 pick ups with the on at 5:00 pace and the off at 6:00. I tried to focus on staying relaxed during the pick ups and didn't push the effort too hard. I was able to hit the paces without too much trouble and added on 2 extra pick ups since it worked out to be almost exactly 3 miles. My splits during those miles were 5:35, 5:31, 5:34. I took the last 2.5 miles of the run easy, but I didn't need to back off of normal training pace all that much. 11.5 miles in 70:04.

No comments:

Post a Comment