Monday, May 18, 2015

Friday 5/15/15

Today was a planned easy day to see if it improved some of the issues I've been having lately. Since I have the new heart rate monitor, I decided to use it to fix a speed limit on today's run. I've had trouble taking easy days in the past and thought that a fixed limit may help. During my last few runs, my heart rate has been right around 150, so I set the limit at 140 (around 70% of my max). The speed felt painstakingly slow in the first half of the run, but I got more accustom to it as the run went on. Unfortunately, my left hamstring still got sore about halfway through my run. I didn't see any improvement at all with the reduced effort, and if anything, my heel felt worse during this run. My legs did recover a bit faster than they have been lately, but I'm still going to need to take an off day to try and shake the cycle I'm stuck in. 8.25 in 55:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment