Friday, May 1, 2015

Wednesday 4/29/15

Feeling pretty good today, so I did a 10.5 mile loop around the Charles. Weather was great in the low 50s with no wind which I overdressed for a bit by wearing a fleece pull over. I got a bit hot during the run, but it wasn't a major issue. Pretty standard run. 6:10 - 6:15 pace and felt relax. I did roll one quick mile around mile 5 though. I had been up in the air about whether or not I wanted to do pick ups today and decided to make it a mid run decision as my legs were feeling a bit sore from the workout yesterday. I was surprised how sore squats and lunges made me, but I guess I should have been expecting it after having no hill work, no speed work, and no leg strength exercises for 10 months. Any way, I was leaning towards a no for the pick ups when a guy wearing a pair of Nike Frees blew past me running on his toes. I'm not sure why I did it, but I decided to follow him for a bit. He looked like he didn't have much longer on his run, so I tagged along. I ended up following about 20 meters behind him for a good mile before we took different paths. 5:47 split for that mile. After that, I slowed back down to normal training pace and finished up the run on pleasantly sore hamies. 10.5 miles in 64:38.

No comments:

Post a Comment