Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Monday 5/25/15

Since I had the day off for Memorial Day and my legs were feeling really good considering the race yesterday, I decided to get out for a long run. The weather was great, and I spent the morning walking around the Boston Public Garden and Newbury Street with Alie. After that, I headed back to my apartment to relax a bit before heading out for my run. By 3:30, I was ready to roll. It was a bit warm at 80 degrees with the sun beating down. Thankfully, a nice wind helped cool things off slightly, and I didn't feel like I was overheating on the run. The plan was to run 13 miles at a steady but not pressing pace. I backed off my standard 10 mile training pace slightly but not all that much as I settled into 6:15-6:20. I felt good throughout the run, and my heart rate stayed right in the range of 150-155 that I've become accustom to. My only minor issue was some lite cramping in my right foot over the last mile and a half, but this dull pain was much better than some of the sharp pains I felt in my heel a few weeks back. Overall, really good run. 13.1 in 82:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment