Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Sunday 5/10/15

Tough run today. Got out for my run early to try and avoid the heat and humidity, but it was already 75 degrees by 9:30. My legs were tired from the workout yesterday, but they weren't sore. So, I decided to forge ahead with the planned run. Since I was in Rochester, I headed over to Meaderboro to do the Four Rod Rd to Ten Rod Rd loop. This run has about 450 feet of total elevation gain which might as well be a mountain for me right now. Training on the Charles River has the downside of absolutely zero hills meaning that the only hills I have run this year have been during races. Coming off a tough workout and climbing hills for the first time this year hit my legs very early in the run. On the first little hill just over a mile into the run, I was already slowing down to high 6 minute pace. The rest of the run was more of the same. I'd hit a hill which would slow my pace to high 6s, and it would take me a half mile or so to recover to 6:30ish. I was a bit worried about how slow I was running compared to previous trips on this route, but I tried not to push it. I knew it was going to be a slow run coming into it. The one positive thing is that neither my legs nor my heel hurt at all during the run, 10 miles in 66:29.

No comments:

Post a Comment