Monday, May 11, 2015

Thursday 5/7/15

Another great day for a run. High 70s, Sunny, and only mild wind. I started my run from Alie's apartment in Beacon Hill today, so I got to do a portion of my run on sections of the Charles that I don't typically run on. As a result, I ended up running a bit further than I have typically been running lately. I also nearly ended up running an impromptu race. I went passed Charles River Canoe & Kayak just as the gun went off for the first race in the 2015 Boston 5K Summer Series. I was literally running on the grass 30 meters away and parallel to the start when the gun went off. If I had been a minute or two earlier, I think I would have jumped in for fun. It was probably good that I didn't though. I was close to my planned turn around point of the Northeastern Boathouse and running the race would have put me at about 14 -15 miles for the run. So, I reluctantly veered off down a different path and cheered the runners on as we passed each once they looped back around. After that, I continued on to the boathouse which was only a quarter mile away, turned around, and finished the run without incident. Overall, it was a  really good run. Kept the pace between 6:10-6:15, felt pretty relaxed, and had a nice change of scenery. 12 miles in 73:55.

No comments:

Post a Comment