Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday 5/16

My goal was to wake up early this morning and get a run in before work. I'm going out to dinner after work today which won't leave time for a run then. Unfortunately, when 6am rolled around, the last thing I wanted to do was pull myself out of bed for a run. Instead, I decided to run during lunch. It's not something I typically like to do because we don't have showers at the office meaning that I have to ride my bike back to my apartment, get changed, stretch, run, stretch, shower and ride back to work. Also, if the run goes poorly, I may not be very productive when I get back to work. Thankfully, today was fairly good day for a lunch run. It was nice out, it was a slow day at work, and the run plan wasn't anything too intense. Today was the first humid day of the year, but at only 70 degrees, it wasn't a major factor. The wind coming off the Charles also offered some relief from the humidity.

The tempo run yesterday definitely feels like it was the right choice. My legs are a bit tired but don't feel sore at all. The run plan was for a medium to easy pace 10 miler. I did a standard loop around the Charles and fell into 5:45 pace. That seemed like it was about the right effort, and I held it there for the whole run. It wasn't anything ground breaking, but it was solid run that helps fill in my base. 10.4 in 60:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment