Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday 5/12

When I got back to Boston on Sunday, it was to find that our fridge had died over the weekend. Slightly annoying but not really a big deal. We needed a new one as the light had stopped working years ago, and the fridge itself would periodically turn on and off. Thankfully, the landlord will be replacing it, so we just need to wait for Sears to pick up the old one and deliver a new one. The landlord didn't even seem that upset about it. It had been on its last leg for a while I guess. The only unfortunate part is that we had to throw out quite a bit of food, and we don't have a fridge for the next few days.

I had to work a bit late tonight which worked in my favor since it was one of those really nice spring days where there is a ton of foot traffic on the walking/biking paths right after work. I also did a quick core workout to give the paths more time to clear off before I headed out. I figured it would be a fairly slow day because my legs were tired from the workout Sunday, and I decided to make it a longer run. The first few miles of my out and back along the Charles went fairly well. My legs were definitely stiff, but I took solace in the fact that they both seemed to be equally sore all over haha. Better than being sore in just one isolated region which usually means injury rather than normal post workout fatigue. I held a decent pace through the first six miles thanks to a few good songs that shuffled onto my iPod at the right time. After the six mile mark, I was really just trying to keep the pace below six minutes and was surprised how well it went. Just missed out on the last mile after cruising through it in 6:01.... so close. The pace hadn't been the point of the run though. I had just made a game out of it to entertain myself toward the end of a long run and wasn't bothered by missing. Great run. 75 and Sunny. 11.5 miles in 1:06:23.

No comments:

Post a Comment