Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday 5/7

My legs felt pretty good today, so I added a few pickups to my run. I ran the first 3 miles at normal training pace then switched over to 30 seconds on/30 seconds off for 15 minutes. It was hard to judge what the paces were during that section, but I'd say it was somewhere around 4:45 on and 5:45 off. Splits for miles 4 through 6 were 5:14, 5:17, 5:14. The last 4 miles were run 5-10 seconds slower than normal training pace. Overall, it felt like a fairly productive run. During miles 7 and 8, I could definitely feel the effort I had put in during 4-6, however, I never felt winded, didn't run any poor mile splits, and got my legs back under me for the last two miles. 10.4 mi in 57:44.

After a longer workout session on Tuesday and a few quick mile splits today, I will probably take it easy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment