Thursday, May 15, 2014

Wednesday 5/14

Today was a vacation day for me. I had a few deadlines to meet on Tuesday, and once I finished everything up with those reports, my schedule for Wednesday was empty. So, I decided to take the day off with no plans other than to relax. I woke up at 9am, ate some breakfast, watched The Hobbit 2 for the first time, had lunch, and then took a two hour nap haha. After the glorious nap, I figured it might be a good idea to get outside since it was such a nice day: 65 and sunny without a cloud in the sky. I did a quick stretch and was out the door for the normal loop around the Charles. Since it was the early afternoon, the paths were almost completely clear, and with a slight cooling breeze, it was a great run. The pace was almost identical to yesterday which I had been expecting because my legs felt about the same. I'm hoping that my legs will feel a bit better for pickups on Thursday, but if not, I might just skip the pickups and look toward the speed workout this weekend. I hate a full week of vanillia training runs, but I'd rather avoid an injury. 10.4 miles in 58:33.

Once showered and changed, I headed over to the Fenway area to watch game 7 of the Bruins vs Montreal. Yep, I took the T from North Station (where the Bruins were actually playing) to watch the game near Fenway. The bars near the Garden are fun, and it's amazing to watch a playoff game around there. However, during a game 7, you need to get there hours in advance, and I wasn't looking for anything that crazy on a Wednesday. While the Bruins ended their playoff run, it was still a fun night and great vacation day.

No comments:

Post a Comment