Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday 5/6

It was a pretty busy day at the office, but I got a nice little surprise around 3:45. An IT guy gave me a call to let me know I was getting a new PC which in itself isn't bad, but he also said the upgrade would take a little over an hour to process. I stood around for about a minute after the guy walked away with my old PC before I realized I could just go home since the new computer wouldn't be ready until around 5 anyway. Nice, early day.

My right hamstring was a bit sore again, so I spent some time stretching in the morning and throughout the day. By workout time, it felt pretty good. I started off with a core and upper body 3 set rotation while watching some Netflix. Next, I decided to jump on the bike for a bit. I considered going outside on my road bike, but by the time I was ready to ride, I would have run into rush hour traffic on my way to the bike paths. Instead, I rode for half an hour on the indoor bike which meant I could keep watching Netflix (always a plus). After the bike, I was stretching for my run when FedEx showed up with my new pair of Nike Lunarglide 5s! Getting a new pair of running shoes always brightens things up. My current pair still have a few miles left in them, but I'll probably need to make the switch in the next few weeks.

In all the excitement, I forgot to drink some water before going for the run. Rookie mistake. I did an easy 10 mile out and back along the Charles, and by mile 6, I felt a a little dehydrated. When I got home, I had a decent coat of dry sweat. It didn't effect my run all that much but wasn't very smart. The run was really enjoyable though. It was 60 and sunny with a nice breeze, and I ran a few paths I don't usually run on which made for a great change of scenery. 10 mi on the indoor bike in 29:24. 10 mi run in 57:15.

New Trainers: Nike Lunarglide 5

No comments:

Post a Comment