Saturday, May 24, 2014

Friday 5/23

Got out of work early today. We regularly get out at 2pm on Fridays before holiday weekends as long as you're caught up on work. I was, so I headed out around 2:30. Home by 2:40. Out and running before 3pm. Weather was comfortable for running at 60 and overcast. As it was the middle of the day, the paths were fairly clear. Great day for a run. Standard 10 mile loop around the Charles. Plan was to just keep the effort honest since I'd be running a speed workout the next morning.I had a decent tailwind for the first 6 miles though and ended up going out just a bit faster than usual. As I looped back along the Cambridge side of the river, the wind came back into me for miles 7-9. I picked up the effort slightly to maintain the pace, but overall, it was a solid pace without pushing too much. 10.4 in 57:37.

No comments:

Post a Comment