Monday, June 1, 2015

Friday 5/29/15

I had been considering an easy day, and by the end of my run, I was cursing myself for not taking it. My current goal mileage for any given week is about 70 miles. Coming into today, I had 65.2 miles on 6 runs, so I could have gotten by with an easy 6-8 miler. After feeling like my legs were a bit burnt out yesterday, it could have been an excellent chance to recover a bit before the track workout I had planned for Saturday. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to run the full 11 miles. In fairness, I couldn't know just how poorly that would work out for me, but I should have been able to tell that I would be paying for it in some way.

Everything went fine for the first 7 miles or so. I took things really easy at about 6:30 pace and felt relaxed. Most unfortunately, my stomach started to revolt in mile 8. It wasn't bad enough to force me to stop, so I pushed on and ground out the last few miles at ancient marathoner pace. I spent the rest of the night in a lot of discomfort and, more or less, unable to move around. I had a similar stomach issue back in 2014 which isn't anything serious, but it doesn't ruin your night. 11 miles in 74:24.


No comments:

Post a Comment