Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Monday 6/15/15

Standard 11 miler around the Charles. It was a bit wet outside after the constant rain all day, but by the time I got out for my run, the precipitation was little more than a light mist. The weather was actually fairly pleasant for running. I kept the pace honest at 6:15, but I didn't push things. I also tried out some new trainers today. I can't remember the last time I had this much trouble finding a pair of running shoes that would work for me. I had been using the Nike Lunarglide series exclusively since college, so it was always just a matter of picking up a pair of the most recent version. I've determined that while the pair of Saucony Kinvara 5 are a great shoe, the cushioning is a bit too light given my stride and heel issue. With their light weight, I think they will be good for tempos and such once I've worn our my Nike Flyknit One. However, I had switched back to my Nike Pegasus 31 for every day training until today when I came across a pair of Nike Pegasus 30 on sale. It is basically the same shoe as the 31, but the interesting thing about this pair was that they were the wide version. I tried them on and they felt great. My feet have always felt a bit too wide in Nike trainers, but I typically just bought a half size bigger to compensate. When I put on the wide pair, I immediately noticed more comfort in my heel, so I decided to give them a shot. I used them on the run today, and they felt pretty good. It could be a bit misleading because I am also coming off of a day with no running, but I feel like this could be a big step in aiding my heel. Overall, I felt pretty good today. 11.4 miles in 71:17.



No comments:

Post a Comment