Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Monthly Recap: May 2015

Days Run - 27 out of 31
Total Miles Run - 284.8
Average Run Length - 10.55 miles
Average Mile Pace (excluding workouts, tempos, pick ups and races) - 6:14
Track Workouts - 3
Runs with Pick Ups - 3
Tempo Runs - 0
Races - 2
Wins - 0 (two 2nd places)
Most Common Run - 10.5 mile Charles River Loop (7 times)



Mile Pace Chart for May (excluding workouts, tempos, pick ups and races):













This ended up being a much better training month than I anticipated. I was not expecting to run on 27 out of 31 days or that the average run length would be 10.5 miles. My training pace remained about the same from April, but considering that my number of runs and run length are way up month over month, increasing pace would not have been a good idea. I was also able to get in three track workouts and two races which is right in the 4-5 range of high intensity runs that I look for. As far as results, I made a huge improvement on my 5K performance this month. So, while I still have some issues to monitor while I try to progress my training, I am considering this month a success.



No comments:

Post a Comment