Thursday, June 18, 2015

Tuesday 6/16/15

Got out for an 11 miler with Matt today. I'm considering a track workout for tomorrow, so I kind of wanted to take it relatively easy. Unfortunately, it didn't really play out that way. I know Matt likes to roll a bit faster, so I prepped myself for a quicker pace by clicking off 6:05s on the way to the Harvard Bridge to meet him. He was already waiting when I got there, and I was able to just continue on along the Charles as he joined in. I think it was subconscious, but he started picking up the pace as he stayed ever so slightly ahead of me as we ran side by side. I figured the run would end up being somewhere between 6:05-6:10 pace which I was fine with, but we split 5:57 for that first mile. I felt like we were pushing it a bit but kept going. The effort was easy enough that we were able to chat, but it wasn't the usual conversational pace. The next couple of miles went on in that fashion until we came up on a runner who was doing a similar pace. At that point, the pace dropped to 5:45 - 5:50 as we went around him. Matt finally asked if we could back off the pace a bit when we got to the Harvard Boathouse. I laughed and said that I thought he was the one pushing the pace. I suppose that can happen when you don't really discuss what pace you're looking to run. After that, we backed off to 6:10 - 6:15 which felt more comfortable. Matt headed back to BU shortly after we crossed back over the Harvard Bridge, and I ran the last 2 miles solo. Solid run but may have been a bit aggressive. It was hot at 80 degrees and really humid since the forecasted rain never came. I felt good afterward though, and I didn't feel any issues leg, heel, stomach or otherwise as I walked downtown to see Jurassic World. 11.25 miles in 68:36

No comments:

Post a Comment