Thursday, June 4, 2015

Wednesday 6/3/15

I had plans at 7pm tonight which didn't really give me time for a full run after work, and since I didn't want to get out for a full run before work, I ran my first double session of the year. As today is also National Running Day, it felt like a good day for it.

AM: I was up for an hour before this run. so it didn't feel quite like the typical morning run slog. I was still a bit stiff though. It didn't really matter because the plan was for a nice easy run. 10k loop around the Charles. This was the first loop I ran after moving into the North End of Boston, and just about every run I did between 2011 -2013 incorporated this loop. While I still run on similar parts of the Charles, I got a bit nostalgic about running the Mass Ave bridge and seeing the familiar smoot measurements. If you aren't familiar with what a smoot is, the lore behind it is pretty funny.
6.2 miles in 38:15.

PM: After work, I got in another run on the same 10k loop that I ran this morning. However, I added in some pick ups after mile three. I didn't really hold back at all in the first three miles as I split 5:55s, so my heart was already north of 150 going into the 30 seconds pick ups. The pick ups went surprisingly well though. I felt comfortable and was able to put in a solid effort. I ran out of real estate on the Charles after 10 pick ups and decided to end it there because I didn't want to start sprinting through the city. Splits for those two miles were 5:30 and 5:28. 6.2 miles in 35:56

1 comment:

  1. Hey Eric, came across your log recently. I moved to Boston this spring and have been looking for people to run with. I also live in the North End. Shoot me an email at some point.

    Vasilis

    ReplyDelete