Thursday, June 4, 2015

Tuesday 6/2/15

Got after it today. The rain finally let up in Boston, but the cold snap decided to stick around. This resulted in a overcast day in the low 50s. Perfect weather for a fast run. I started off the run in what felt like normal pace, and I was surprised to see sub 6:00 for the first 4 miles. I felt relaxed, and my heart rate was below 150. So, I kept rolling at 6:00 pace. The effort was oddly easy until mile 8 when I came into the headwind on the Storrow Drive side of the Charles River. I thought I'd fall off the pace at that point which I did do for miles 8 and 9, but I was able to reel it back in for miles 10 and 11 by picking up the effort slightly. Finished with a 5:49 to cap off my first sub 6 minute training run this year. In previous years, almost every run I did was at 5:40 - 5:50 pace, and while I want to back away from that this year, it is nice to get one in every once in a while. 11 miles in 65:46.

No comments:

Post a Comment