Monday, June 29, 2015

Thursday 6/25/15

I've found myself a midst a fairly high mileage week with a solid track workout and could definitely use an easy day or two. Vasilis was in a similar situation after a workout on Wednesday, so we headed over to Southie and did a bit of easy city running. The pace ranged from 6:40 to over 7:00 at times when foot traffic or stop lights slowed things down a bit. However, I never felt like the pace was too easy. Towards the end of the run, I was actually sucking wind a bit. I'm really glad we took things slow today. If I had tried to do a run at normal training pace, I think the wheels would have fallen off halfway through. Overall, the run was fun though. It wasn't really a strugglefest or anything. I also haven't spent much time in Southie, so it was cool to run through there and over to Castle Island including a lap on the Head Island Causeway which runs around Pleasure Bay. 10.75 miles in 73:33.

No comments:

Post a Comment